Rahul Dravid Facts: Rahul Dravid, reknowned for his remarkable techniques and performances on the field. Team India has achieved quite a number of records under his captaincy. ‘If cricket is a gentleman’s game, then Rahul Dravid is that gentleman.’
Rahul Dravid Facts: Have a Look on his Captaincy records!!
1. Rahul Dravid was born on 11th January, in a Marathi family to his parents Pushpa and Sharad. He lived most of his life in Karnataka.
2. His father worked in a jam factory and earned him a name ‘Jammy’. He was an ardent cricket lover. Rahul’s mother, Pushpa, was a professor of Architecture at the University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering, Bangalore.
3. Dravid started playing at an early age. Keki Tarapore, a former cricketer, noticed him at an early age when he scored a century for his school.
4. Dravid was the top scorer in the seventh ODI World Cup in England in 1999, with 461 runs, a perfect response to people who kept insisting he was a test match batsman.
5. Dravid is the only player in cricket history to have made his debut and retired in the same match. He made 31 off 21 in his T20 debut against England in the summer of 2011.
6. He emerged as the top scorer of the 1999 World Cup with 461 runs from 8 games at an average of 65.85 and a strike rate of 85.52.
7. In 2003–2004 season, he scored three double centuries: one each against New Zealand (222), Australia (233) and Pakistan (270).
8. Against Zimbabwe in the tri-series down under, Dravid was found guilty of ball tampering, which he claimed as an unintentional move. He was fined 50% of his match fees for that.