Health Benefits of Peanuts: The chilly winters are here and in this breezy season, we do our best to keep ourselves warm so that cold and cough stay at bay. One of the most amazing winter snacks includes peanuts/groundnut, that are highly beneficial for our health and also save us from the cold.
Its health benefits are numerous.
7 Amazing Health Benefits of Peanuts
- Peanuts are a rich source of monosaturated fats that lowers the “bad cholesterol” and balances the “good cholesterol” level in the body.
- The recent study reveals that the peanuts are a good source of antioxidants, the antioxidant level found in peanuts are higher than many of other fruits like apples, beetroot or carrot.
- Peanuts are also found to be containing resveratrol which helps reduce the chances of stroke. Although, red wine is a greater source of this component, however, daily consumption of peanuts can help in balancing the resveratrol levels in the body.
- Peanuts have long been feared to cause obesity, however the erecentstudy reveals that all such misconceptions are false. The people who eat nuts regularly or atleast thrice a week are less likely to be obese than the ones who never eat peanuts.
- These nuts are also a rich source of amino acids that help in proper growth and development of the body.
- Peanuts have proven to be effective to fight off fungal infections, stomach cancer and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Vitamin E found in peanuts also helps repair the dead skin cells.