20 June 2016(Kabul): In a terrific incident, a minibus that was carrying Nepalese security guards working in a private company has been targeted by the Taliban, and at least 14 were killed and eight are wounded after a suicide bomber attack on a minibus today early morning, 20 June, said the officials.
The reports said that the Taliban attacks in Kabul, Afghan capital is the first attack that took place since that start of a holy fasting month Ramadan on June 6 that have killed at least 14 people and eight are wounded. The latest attacks in Kabul have killed at least 64 and more than 340 were wounded during the attacks on April 19.
The interior spokesman Sediq Sediqqi said that the police are working on to identify the nationalities of the victims.
As per the reports, dozens of police have reached the spot and many ambulances rushed the victims to the hospitals.
It is learned that the attack has been claimed responsibility by the Taliban itself in a statement from the Islamist group’s main spokesman, Zabihullah Mujahid. They have been waging an insurgency against the western-backed Kabul government since they were expelled from power by the US-led invasion in late 2001, as per the reports.
Washington has recently announced an expansion of the US Military authority to conduct air strikes against the Taliban, significantly boosting Afghan forces who have limited close air support capacities, as per the reports.
According to the reports, the blast follows how serious suicide attack on a bus carrying justice ministry staff near Kabul last month and a separate attack in a court in the central city of Ghazni on June 1.
The report said that the Taliban have claimed responsibility for these attacks stating as a part of revenge for the execution of the six Taliban prisoners.