Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna, previously called ‘Housing For All‘ is an initiative of the government to provide the basic amenity of housing at an affordable price. Recently, the online application system has been enabled by the government, now you can easily apply for PMAY online without much hassle. The scheme was launched on June 25, 2015.
Eligibility Criteria to apply for PMAY –
Those who can apply for the scheme are people belonging to scheduled caste(SC), scheduled tribe(ST), those from the economically weaker section of the society(EWS) or women.
In case you belong to the economically weaker section, you will have to produce self-certificate or Affidavit as proof of your income and your income should not exceed Rs 3 lakh per annum. While applying under the lower income group category(LIG) your income should not exceed Rs 6 lakh per annum.
The scheme is divided into three phases –
April 2015 to March 2017: In this phase, 100 cities will be selected.
April 2017 to March 2019: Additional 200 cities will be selected under this phase.
April 2019 to March 2022: In the final phase, all the remaining cities will be selected under the scheme.
You can check the list of cities available under PMAY on the Official site
How to apply for PMAY online –
The hassle of applying for PMAY has been considerably reduced by introduving an online syetsem of applivation.
- First of all, visit THIS PAGE.
- From the options select ‘Citizen Application’.
- Then select the category under which you wish to apply, i.e. slum dweller ot the ‘three beneficiary’ sub categories.
- In case you are currently living in a slum area, then opt for the ‘slum dweller’ option.
- Then you will have out the application form.
- Your Aadhar card number and your income detials will have to be carefully filled out.
- After you have completed the form, click ‘save’ button and then print the form.
- Then your ‘Application number’ will be shown on the screen that you have to note down for further enquiries and reference.
In order to check the status of your application, click on ‘Track your Application Status’ from the citizen application menu.
The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna provides drastically reduced interest rates for housing loans, under PMAY scheme the government has promised to provide an interest rate that would be 4% lower than the market rate. Thus, the monthly EMI amount will be reduced.