After Salman Khan shirtless trend & showing muscles in Bollywood movies, the admire for the action filled fight sequences goes to Akshay Kumar. For his skill to do stunts and fight sequences so naturally, he earned the title of Khiladi of Bollywood.
From chef to Khiladi – The unknown facts about Akshay Kumar
- Akshay Kumar was born in Amritsar, (Punjab) India, in the home of Hari Om Bhatia and Aruna Bhatia and he was named as Rajiv Bhatia, but he changed it to Akshay before entering to the Bollywood!
- He is black belt winner in Taekwondo while in India and learned martial arts in Bangkok, Thailand, where he also taught Muay Thai, a conflict sport of Thailand that uses stand-up striking along with different clinching techniques.
- When he was in Bangkok he worked as a chef and a waiter. Akshay Kumar is well known for his discipline, he wakes up at 5am in the morning and almost his interviews are scheduled at 6 in the morning. He did the audition for Deepak Tijori’s role in Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander and he was rejected.
- Love with Raj Malhotra: As we know about Salman Khan Prem Name love, Same as Mr. Khiladi has played a character named as Raj Malhotra in 5 Bollywood movies; Khiladi, Dosti: Friends Forever, Andaaz, Aitraaz and Haan Maine Bhi Pyaar Kiya.
- Guinness Book of World Records: Akshay Kumar starred Boss entered in the Guinness Book of World Records for the major poster after hitting Michael Jackson’s movie ‘This Is It’. Afterward, the record was broken by movie Bahubali: The Beginning .
- Highest-paid Actor: According to Forbes, he is now the 9th highest paid actor in the world with 32 Million Dollars. Once Al Pacino praised Akshay for his excellent onscreen attendance in Once Upon ay Time in Mumbai Dobaara! He said that his friend Barry Navidi showed him a promo for an Indian film with Akshay Kumar. It brought some doting memories back from my Godfather days.
- In the year of 2011, Akshay Kumar started a production house called Grazing Goats for supporting low finance films. Grazing Goats have produced 5 films till date includes movies OMG – Oh My God! 72 Miles, Bhaji in Problem, Fugly and Singh is Bling. Before he became a superstar, Akshay made his appearance as martial arts instructor in Mahesh Bhatt’s film Aaj in 1987.
- Stay away from Products: He does not owe his body to heavy weight lifts in Gyms. In fact, he keeps away him from weightlifting as much as possible and keeps his body fit through running, boxing and martial art.
- The Khiladi: He has earned the title of Khiladi by doing 8 movies with Khiladi in the title of the movie- Mr. and Mrs. Khiladi, Main Khiladi Tu Anari, Khiladi 786, Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi, Khiladi 420, International Khiladi, and sabse Bada Khiladi.
As Akshay Kumar now turned 49 years which is hard to believe, We wish him a very successful life ahead! Respect to the Bollywood Khiladi.!!