Human Rights Day Quotes: Every Year on December 10, the world observes Human Rights Day is. It is to commemorate the day on which, in 1948, the United Nations General Assembly adopted the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. In 1950, the Assembly passed resolution 423 (V), inviting all States and interested organisations to observe 10 December of each year as Human Rights Day.
This year, Human Rights Day calls on everyone to stand up for someone’s rights! Disrespect for basic human rights continues to be widespread in all parts of the globe. Extremist movements subject people to horrific violence. Messages of intolerance and hatred prey on our fears.
Human values are under attack. We must reaffirm our common humanity. Wherever we are, we can make a real difference. In the street, in school, at work, in public transport; in the voting booth, on social media. So if you were looking for some of the best Human rights day quotes that your search ends right here.
Following are the Top 12 Human Rights Day Quotes:
12. “For this generation, ours, life is nuclear survival, liberty is human rights, the pursuit of happiness is a planet whose resources are devoted to the physical and spiritual nourishment of its inhabitants.” ― Jimmy Carter
11. “All women and girls have the fundamental right to live free of violence. This right is enshrined in international human rights and humanitarian law. And it lies at the heart of my UNITE to End Violence against Women campaign.” ― Ban Ki-moon
10. “To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.” ― Nelson Mandel
09. “It is often in the name of cultural integrity as well as social stability and national security that democratic reforms based on human rights are resisted by authoritarian governments.” ― Aung San Suu Kyi
08. “I’m not an activist; I don’t look for controversy. I’m not a political person, but I’m a person with compassion. I care passionately about equal rights. I care about human rights. I care about animal rights.” ― Ellen DeGeneres
07. “No references to the need to fight terror can be an argument for restricting human rights.” ― Vladimir Putin
06. “Human rights are women’s rights, and women’s rights are human rights.” ― Hillary Clinton
05. “Human rights are not only violated by terrorism, repression or assassination, but also by unfair economic structures that creates huge inequalities.” ― Pope Francis
04. “Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.” ― United Nations
03. “Lost rights are never regained by appeals to the conscience of the usurpers, but by relentless struggle…. Goats are used for sacrificial offerings and not lions.” ― B.R. Ambedkar
02. “Truth resides in every human heart, and one has to search for it there, and to be guided by truth as one sees it. But no one has a right to coerce others to act according to his own view of truth.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
01. “I am a man and all that affects mankind concerns me” ― Bhagat Singh