Lenovo is expanding its budget smartphone portfolio with the new K6 Power smartphone. Lenovo K6 Power becomes official in India and is Priced at Rs 9,999. The smartphone will go on open sale at 12PM from December 6 exclusively via Flipkart. The Lenovo K6 Power is part of the new K6 series that was unveiled at IFA earlier this year.
— Lenovo India (@Lenovo_in) November 29, 2016
Lenovo K6 power will compete with Xiaomi Redmi 3s, Redmi 3s Prime and Coolpad Note 3 Plus. Interestingly, prior to the K6 Power, Motorola (owned by Lenovo) launched the budget Moto E3 Power smartphone, which too focused on big battery life, and competed against these Xiaomi Smartphones.
Lenovo K6 Power also comes with a metal unibody design, fingerprint sensor and support dual-SIM card slots. The smartphone is available in dark grey, gold, and silver colour variants.
Lenovo K6 Power specifications
Display: The smartphone sports a 5-inch full HD (1920×1080 pixels) display with pixel density of 441ppi with 450-nit brightness, and 178-degree viewing angles.
Processor: and Software: It runs Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow-based Vibe UI and is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 octa-core processor paired with Adreno 505 GPU and 3GB of RAM.
Storage: The smartphone comes with 32GB of onboard storage and is expandable up to 128GB via a microSD card.
Camera: For photography, the K6 Power is equipped with a 13-megapixel Sony IMX258 sensor camera with LED flash, Pro-mode, PDAF support, slow motion and time lapse. For selfies, it has an 8-megapixel Sony IMX219 camera with wide-angle lens and beautification mode and can shoot up to 1080p videos.
Battery: One of the highlights of the Lenovo K6 Power is the large 4,000mAh battery.
Lenovo K6 Power Connectivity Features
Connectivity options include dual-SIM support, 4G with VoLTE support, Wi-Fi 802.11n, USB OTG support, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS.
Features of Lenovo K6 Power
- Lenovo claims the K6 Power’s battery is capable of delivering 96 hours of music playback, 13.6 hours of videos playback, 48 hours of voice calls, 12.6 hours of web surfing and 649 hours of standby time.
- It also comes with reverse charge feature which can charge other phones through the K6 Power.
- The smartphone supports Lenovo’s TheatreMax technology. It also boasts two stereo speakers at the back, and like the recent Lenovo smartphones, the K6 Power also comes with Dolby ATMOS support.
- The smartphone also comes with a new feature called App lock, which lets you lock apps like WhatsApp via fingerprint scanner.
- The smartphone supports dual app feature which will basically let you run dual WhatsApp accounts among other apps like hike or Google Play Store.