What is the first thing that comes to your mind during summer? Of course refreshing summer drinks. Lemonade has always topped the charts during summer.
Well! Every year on 7th May National Lemonade Day is celebrated.
Let’s read more about the day below!
History and Significance About National Lemonade Day
- Lemonade has a long history dating back to Ancient Egypt. The first recorded evidence of this beverage in this country dates back to roughly 1000 AD, but it most likely existed before then.
- Because lemons were introduced to Egypt from Asia three hundred years before, in 700AD, lemonade was most likely being made at the time.
- Of course, the lemonade created at the time was not at all like modern lemonade. Egyptian lemonade was created using not only lemons and water but also dates and honey as a sweetener.
- Michael Holthouse created this holiday in 2007 to help empower future entrepreneurs by motivating and assisting them in starting their own businesses.
- Because a lemonade stand is one of the simplest businesses for a child to start, this day became known as National Lemonade Day. Since its beginnings, this holiday has inspired numerous children throughout the United States and beyond.
Celebrations on National Lemonade Day
- This event is mostly about motivating kids to open their own lemonade stands in order to inspire an entrepreneurial spirit in them.
- This day can be used by parents to help their kids acquire the abilities needed to launch such an endeavor skill such as handling money, communicating with customers, and promoting, in addition to producing the actual goods.
- The hashtag #NationalLemonadeDay can also be used to spread the word about this occasion and encourage kids all around the world to open their own lemonade stands.
- Making your own lemonade is simple and enjoyable. You only need lemons, sugar, water, and ice! Squeeze the lemons, combine them with the sugar and water, and serve!
- Many kids in their neighborhood set up lemonade stands to raise money. Why not stop by one of these stands and get a cup of freshly squeezed lemonade?
- Add other flavours to your lemonade, such as strawberries, blueberries, or mint. Have fun experimenting with different combinations.
- Make frozen lemonade by combining fresh lemon juice, sugar, and ice cubes for a pleasant treat. If it’s too thick, add a splash of water.
Fun-Facts About National Lemonade Day
- Vendors in Paris would sell “lemonades” prepared from lemons, honey, and sparkling water in the 17th century.
- Around Naples, Italy, frozen lemonade was invented around 1840.
- Lemonade stalls were first seen in New York in the early 1870s.
- In many parts of the Middle East, lemonade is made with crushed mint leaves.
- Lemonade’s tart and sour flavors have been scientifically shown to quench thirst. It also refreshes you after a glass.
- Many songs and melodies have been written in honor of this sweet drink. Beyonce’s album “Lemonade” was an instant success.
- The Lemonade Stand was a no-charge game that came with the original Apple II computers in 1979. Since then, many more versions of the game have been released for both instructional and recreational purposes.
Resulting in, It is National Lemonade day to recognize the importance of entrepreneurship and encourage young people to start their own lemonade stands. Youths are encouraged to start their contemporary Lemonade businesses nowadays in many locations throughout the world so they can experience entrepreneurial life.
Also read other articles from NorthBridgeTimes.com