The National Institutes of Technology (NITs) are important national research institutions. The NIMCET is a test administered by NITs for admission to the Master of Computer Applications (MCA) program. On August 7th, the NIMCET 2021 exam was held. On August 23, 2021, the outcome was disclosed.
For admission to the MCA program, candidates do not need to apply to any NIT separately. Admission to the MCA program in all 10 participating NITs will be dependent on the NIMCET score also on the candidate’s online choice of institute. Candidates who pass the test will be able to fill out a list of institutes they wish to apply.
NIMCET Exam 2021:
It was a computer-based test that took place online (CBT). It is critical for candidates to have a general understanding of the exam they are taking. Let’s have a look at the NIT MCA Common Entrance Test before we move into the details of NIMCET 2021:
NIMCET: Important Dates:
All the important dates related to NIMCET are provided in the table
NIMCET Seat Allotment Process:
Candidates have two alternatives after the announcement of the first, second round of counselling, which are as follows:
- Option 1: Candidates who want to join the institution and complete their seat as given will have their higher preference throughout the choice filling process .
- Option 2: If a seat is assigned to a candidate, but he or she wishes to participate in the upcoming seat allocation round. In such case their greater preference will be taken into account for the subsequent round.
NIMCET 2nd Seat Allotment Counselling:
After the release of the 1st seat allotment, NIT Raipur is set to release the NIMCET 2nd seat allotment result on September 11th. Applicants who have been waiting for it can now see their seat allocation results on the official NIT Raipur website.
Candidates who chose option 2 (upgradation) in the first round will be given a seat in the second round, but their first round allotment will be cancelled. If candidates wishes to take the seat, they must exercise option 1 and a provisional admission letter will be issued to them. Otherwise they will be considered for upgradation to the next round if they exercise option 2. However, if any of the applicants in the second round fail to exercise any of the options, they will be automatically considered for the third round of seat allotment.
Important Points Regarding NIMCET Seat Allotment:
- Of course it will also depend on their NIMCET 2021 rank.
In addition the candidate needs to submit the three-round choices which will decide the seats to be assigned.
- Candidates with assigned seats have to pay the initial cost via the official website.
- In the event that candidate has already paid a fee but wishes to apply for an upgrade there is no need to pay the fee again.
- In the event that a candidate fails to pay the fee within specified time. It will be assumed that the candidate is not interested in taking admission. It will be assumed that candidate is attempting to opt-out of the entire admission process.