Rajesh Khanna Birth Anniversary: Bollywood first superstar would have turned 74 had he been alive. Interestingly, his daughter Twinkle Khanna, too, celebrates her birthday on December 29. From the passionate lover to the most dependable friend, he essayed his roles in a way that made him the darling of the masses and critics.
Neither he presented himself as a hero who could beat up dozens of people, nor a person who go after temptations easily. His brand of romance required complete submission from the heroines because love for him was an integral part of his heroine roles.
Rajesh Khanna Birth Anniversary: Some Unknown facts about Rajesh Khanna!!
- Rajesh Khanna was born on 29th December 1942 in Amritsar in a state of Punjab as Jatin Khanna. He was adopted and raised by Chunni Lal Khanna and Leela Wati Khanna, who were relatives of his biological parents.
- His adoptive parents belonged to a family of railway contractors who had moved from Lahore ( after partitioning) to Bombay in 1935. Rajesh Khanna lived in Saraswati Niwas in Thakurdwar near Girgaon, Mumbai. He married Dimple Kapadia in March 1973.
- Dimple was 15 years younger than Rajesh Khanna and was only 16 at the time of marriage. They had two beautiful daughters from the marriage. Their elder daughter Twinkle Khanna is married to actor Akshay Kumar, while they also have a younger daughter Rinke Khanna.
- He attended St. Sebastian’s Goan High School with his friend Ravi Kapoor, who later took the stage name Jeetendra. Khanna gradually started taking interest in theatre, did a lot of stage and theatre plays in his school and college day, and won many prizes in inter-college drama competitions.
- He made his film debut in the 1966 film Aakhiri Khat directed by Chetan Anand.
- Rajesh Khanna had 15 consecutive solo hit films between 1969 and 1971. These were Aradhana, Doli, Bandhan, Ittefaq, Do Raaste, Khamoshi, Safar, The Train, Kati Patang, Sachaa Jhutha, Aan Milo Sajna, Mehboob Ki Mehendi, Choti Bahu, Anand and Haathi Mere Saathi.
- He had 17 consecutive hit films as the lead hero from 1969 to 1971 which included 15 solo hero films and 2 non-solo hero films Andaaz and Maryada.
- Rajesh Khanna owns a long list of hit songs- Roop Tera Mastana, Mere Sapno ki Rani, Yeh Jo Mohabbat Hai, Yeh Shaam Mastani and Pyaar Deewana Hota Hai, Mastaana Hota Hai, Aaj Bichde Hain Kal Ka, Aankhon Mein Humne Aapke.