The West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) has started a recruitment drive for the selection of eligible candidates for various posts in Group A, B, C and D services. For the WBPSC Civil Services Exe 2017 recruitment, the qualifying examination will be the West Bengal Civil Service (Exe) Examination, to be held in select districts of the state on January 29.
The exam will be conducted in two parts: the written exam and the interview/personality test. The written exam will have a preliminary round and mains round. Candidates will have to clear the prelims round to progress to the mains round, which they will have to pass to get to the interview round.
Details about the Vacancies:
Vacancies for posts in Group A:
- West Bengal Civil Service (Executive)
- West Bengal Commercial Tax Service
- West Bengal Agricultural Income-tax Service
- West Bengal Excise Service
- West Bengal Co-operative Service
- West Bengal Labour Service
- West Bengal Food and Supplies Service
- West Bengal Employment Service
- West Bengal Registration and Stamp Revenue Service
Vacancies for posts in Group B:
- West Bengal Police Service
Vacancies for posts in Group C:
- Superintendent, District Correctional Home / Deputy Superintendent,
- Central Correctional HomeJoint Block Development Officer
- Deputy Assistant Director of Consumer Affairs and Fair Business Practices
- West Bengal Junior Social Welfare Service
- West Bengal Subordinate Land Revenue Service, Grade-I
- Assistant Commercial Tax Officer
- Assistant Canal Revenue Officer (Irrigation)
- Chief Controller of Correctional Services
Vacancies for posts in Group D
- Inspector of Co-operative Societies
- Panchayat Development Officer under the Panchayat and Rural Development Department
- Rehabilitation Officer under the Refugee Relief and Rehabilitation Department
Eligibility criteria for WBPSC Civil Services Exe 2017:
Educational qualification: Candidates should be able to read and write as well as be verbally fluent in Bengali.
For Group A, C and D, the candidate should not be less than 21 years and not more than 32 years.
For Group B, the candidate should not be less than 20 years and not more than 32 years.
The age cutoff will be based on January 1, 2016.
Important Dates to Mark
November 4, 2016 (from 11:30 am)– Start of online application process:
November 28, 2016 (till 12 am midnight)– Last date to submit online application
November 28, 2016 (till 12 am midnight)– Last date to submit fee online:
November 29, 2016 (however, bank challan must have been generated by November 28)– Last date to submit fee offline
Here’s the Procedure to apply for WBPSC Civil Services Exe 2017
- Candidates need to log on to the official website of the Commission, http://www.pscwbonline.gov.in.
- The information bulletin is available under the “ADVERTISEMENT NO. – 21/2016” link displayed on the official website on the main page of the website.
- In order to apply, they will need to register themselves first for which a one-time password will be generated.