Ajit Doval is the 5th National Security Adviser in India.
He was an IPS officer in 1968 in Kerala cadre.
Later, he worked as a spy in the Mizo International Army in Arakan, Burma and inside the territory of China as well.
He went inside the Golden Temple in Punjab to collect crucial information before operation Black Thunder. Later , he spent 6 years in the Indian High Commission in Pakistan. He also persuaded the militants to become counter-insurgents and attack the anti-Indian terrorists.
In 1996, he became a Minister in the Indian High Commission, UK.
He is now called the most powerful man in India after PM Narendra Modi. Well, his powerful career and oustanding work tells us about that.
11 Interesting Facts about Ajit Doval
- Ajit Doval went undercover and spent 7 years in Pakistan as a Secret Operative.
- In June, 2014 Doval was responsible for the secure return of 45 Indian nurses stuck in Iran at the time of ISIS control.
- He worked for the termination of 15 hijackings of Indian Airlines during the years 1971-1999.
- Ajit Doval played a key role in persuading the militants to attack the anti-India terrorists. This helped in holding normal elections in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Ajit Doval collected information from the Khalistani militants before the operation Blue Star by disguising as a Pakistani militant.
- He is also credited for convincing various separatists like Yasin Malik, Shabbir Shah Maulvi Farooq and pro-Pak Geelani for negotiation.
- He is the youngest police officer to get the Police Medal for his outstanding service.
- He is the first who has been awarded Kirti Chakra, 1988, the second highest peacetime gallantry award.
- Ajit Doval was the main negotiator of India with the hijackers of Indian Airlines flight IC-814 which wast was hijacked and taken to Kandahar in 1999.
- Ajit Doval has been awarded the “President’s Police Medal”.
- Ajit Doval holds a Master’s Degree in Economics.
We salute him for his umpteen services. India need more heroes like Ajit Doval.