World Tourism Day Quotes: World Tourism Day is celebrated on 27th of September every year with great pomp and show. The United Nations World Tourism Organization has been celebrating this auspicious day since 1980. The day is celebrated to raise the awareness of tourism’s role all over the globe. It is the day to show how tourism affects the cultural, economic, political and social values of the world.
27th September is celebrated as the World Tourism Day because in the year 1970, on this day, the Statutes of the UNWTO were adopted. This year’s theme of celebrating the day is going to be ‘Tourism for All – promoting universal accessibility’. Tourism is one of the fastest growing economic sectors all over the world that has also increased the employment percentage.
Also see: World Tourism Day 2016
It is the day to let everybody know the importance of tourists and tourism to their country and the world. The day can be celebrated by sharing World Tourism Day Quotes and images with all the people around to let them know the importance of this wonderful day and to raise awareness about the day.
Top World Tourism Day Quotes and Wallpapers to share with one and all
Let everyone know what important role tourism and tourists have got to play in the world these World Tourism Day sayings and slogans and enjoy the day.
- “See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories. Ask for no guarantees, ask for no security.”
- “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.”
- “The use of travelling is to regulate imagination with reality, and instead of thinking of how things may be, see them as they are.”
- “We will have a border that is open for business, open for tourism, open for legitimate travellers; but that is closed to terrorists and drug pushers and smugglers and others who seek to break the law.”
- “The more I travelled the more I realised that fear makes strangers of people who should be friends.”
- “To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.”
- “It is always sad to leave a place to which one knows one will never return. Such are the melancholies du voyage: perhaps they are one of the most rewarding things about travelling.”
- “Travel and change of place impart new vigour to the mind.”
- “A traveller without observation is a bird without wings.”
- “The thing about tourism is that the reality of a place is quite different from the mythology of it.”
- “Our happiest moments as tourists always seem to come when we stumble upon one thing while in pursuit of something else.”
- “Twoflower was a tourist, the first ever seen on the discworld. Tourist, Rincewind had decided, meant ‘idiot’.”
- “Though there are some disagreeable things in Venice there is nothing so disagreeable as the visitors.”
- “Be a traveller, not only a tourist, learn new things by meeting new people and check beyond something that is staring right at you.”
- “I can’t think of anything that excites a greater sense of childlike wonder than to be in a country where you are ignorant of almost everything.”
- “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.”
- “Tourism in India has the potential to promote faster, sustainable and more inclusive growth. It could be used as a powerful antidote to tackle poverty.”
- “If we are living without travelling, then we are half living, a traveller without wings is similar to a bird without wings.”
- “Every man can transform the world from one of monotony and drabness to one of excitement and adventure.”
- “The beauty of nature will leave you speechless once you start travelling, but it will make you a storyteller once you finish travelling.”
We hope that you all might have liked our collection of the World Tourism Day Quotes and Images for WhatsApp and Facebook. The best part of the story is that you may share these with all your acquaintances without getting any bothered.