The much awaited first US Presidential Debate kicked off on Monday, September 26. A lot of Americans were expecting a high-drama on the debate between the two contenders for the race to the White House. But all the expectations went into the vain, as throughout the debate there was no major discussion was conducted and the entire debate passed with the allegations and the counter allegations.
Both the presidential nominees tried to pull each other down on certain issues, but none of them tried to bring the debate back to the issues and the entire debate sunk with the whole of the expectations of Americans.
Debate on Boosting US Economy and creating Jobs:(A tie among the Donald Trump and Hilary Clinton)
Talking about the economy and creating jobs, which was generally supposed to be the stronghold of Donald Trump and also most of Americans believe in this either but Donald Trump failed to give a convincing answer to propose some good policies on how he will bring back the economy of the USA back on the track? His answer was all in the air whereas Hilary Clinton’s experience into the administration and politics overtakes the Trump with better sounding deals.
Whereas Trump was in favour of reducing Taxes and regulations but Clinton was in favour to increase taxes on wealthy people. But in between, they also discussed trade deals and ‘China factor.’
But in the last minutes of the debate, trump overpowered Hilary and the audience also hailed him when he questioned Hilary on the email scam.
America’s Direction [Race] (Winner – Donald Trump by concluding the entire issue by bringing back law and order back rather than splitting the issue into various aspects)
Trump managed to overpower on this issue Hilary and mocked her over the Law and Order issue. Both also focused on the Guns culture in the United States to be limited. However, Hilary Clinton also targeted Trump over his Racist among the Americans.
Throughout the debate on the issue, Hilary failed to give a convincing answer on the issue whereas Trump being an unfavourable candidate on the issue, Trump still managed to overtake Hilary.
Securing America (A Tie Between Hilary and Trump on Various Issues)
Donald Trump was on the target of Hilary on his closeness with Russian President Vladimir Putin, as she mentioned that Russia is the biggest threat to US Security. But Donald Trump reacted with ISIS and mentioning China as also a threat to Russia about which Hilary didn’t say anything.
Donald trump whereas questioned the role of Obama in fighting against cyber warfare, Hilary also backfired with George W Bush’s decision to call the American troops back from Iraq.
Why the debate comes out as a big failure?
- Throughout the debate, both the candidates were seen refusing their own words and saying something else in the debate than usually what they say in their rallies and during their election campaign.
- The First Presidential Debate seemed much more predictable which none had though of it would be.
- Both the candidates spent most of the time on alleging and counter-alleging each other than discussing the future policies.
- Both the candidates kept on intervening each other which used to take the debate away from the path.
- On the three different issues, both candidates didn’t mention what will be their future steps to deal with these issues.
- Policy paralysis was the major issue that Trump continuously tried to utilise against Obama administration, and Hilary failed to defend the allegations but she counter attacked with certain other issues.
- People failed to get the convincing answers on the major really important issues which somehow impacts common people’s life.