Facts about Manish Malhotra: When it comes to the world of fabrics, style, authenticity, the one name that strikes in our mind is Manish Malhotra. There are some Facts about Manish Malhotra you might not know.
One of the most passionate, elegant, inventive fashion designers our Industry has. He has proved himself time and again with his unique talent, knowledge, and innovative designs. His design and styles get churned into a magical blend of rich textures, which include Georgette, satin, Chiffon, silk and other finest fabrics.
10 Facts about Manish Malhotra –
- He belongs to a Punjabi family and started his career as a model at the age of 19, he knew he had the adrenaline to change the way stars looked in movies that have led him where he is today.
- At 25, he got his first project, as a costume designer. He designed clothes for a song starring Juhi Chawla in movie Swarg (1989).
- Manish Malhotra had no formal training in Fashion designing.
- Manish opened his first boutique in 1998 that featured his couture designs collection.
- His fame began to grow when he won the Best Costume Designer at the prestigious awards of the International Indian Academy Film for two consecutive years, in 2001 and 2002.
- In 2005, he began a talk show named The Manish Malhotra Show on the zoom channel.
- He is the first costume designer who reads movie scripts before designing the costumes.
- He has also designed costumes for Hollywood celebrities. Michael Jackson once showed his desire to get designed by Manish Malhotra when he visited India.
- This man is quite the trendsetter in India, he has been given credit for popularising embroidered jeans.
- He has designed in over 1000 films. In 2015, he completed his 25 years in the film Industry as Bollywood’s go-to costume designer.
He has designed for countless celebrities Deepika Padukone, Katrina Kaif, Alia Bhatt, Kareena Kapoor Khan in Chammak Challo , Mira Rajput wedding attire, Sushmita Sen in Main Hoon Na, Kajol in Fanaa, Preity Zinta and Rani Mukherjee in Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna.