Shahrukh Khan facts: Shahrukh Khan, one of the most loved Bollywood celebrities turns 51 today. The Chennai Express actor has decided to celebrate his 51st birthday at the outskirts Mumbai which would be a private event.
Well, who doesn’t know that SRK is King Khan of Bollywood, but there are some interesting and unknown facts about him that many of his fans aren’t aware of. Take a look!
11 most Interesting & Unknown Shahrukh Khan facts
- King Khan is, in reality, the actual King of Bollywood since he is the richest actor in the Indian Film Industry. His net worth is $600 million.
- SRK’s first salary amounted to Rs 50 which he earned at Pankaj Udhas’s concert. He spent his first salary on his visit to Taj Mahal in Agra.
- Shahrukh Khan is the third richest actor in the WORLD! Yes, you read it right. The first being Merv Griffin followed by Jerry Seinfeld.
- As told by SRK himself, he has an Afghani background since his forefathers hailed from Afghanistan and were Pashtuns.
- Shahrukh Khan started his career with the small screen and got his first acting job in the tv series “Dil Dariya”.
- At first, SRK didn’t want to act in movies and also rejected many offers some of which came from Harry Baweja and Hema Malini.
- The actor is the son of the freedom fighter late Taj Mohammad Khan.
- Once King Khan joined the film industry there was no stopping him as he signed back to back 5 films in a day in his early days in Bollywood.
- Everyone’s favourite SRK has his own favourites in Bollywood, Amitabh Bachchan, Mumtaz and Dilip Kumar.
- His Bollywood debut was Deewana that released in 1992.
- Shahrukh Khan says that in his early age, the death of his parents had a deeply affected him and this also led him to concentrate more on his acting career.