Samajwadi E Rickshaw Scheme in UP: Uttar Pradesh Government has launched various schemes for public ahead of assembly elections in the state. It began with the distribution of free laptop scheme for the students and now the government has brought free E-rickshaw scheme which is being distributed to the rickshaw pullers of the state.
The scheme is for the welfare of poor families and Minorities. The government has promised to provide Battery operated Moter E-rickshaw to poor pullers in assembly elections. This is the reason of launching the scheme nearby the elections.
What is special under Samajwadi E Rickshaw Scheme in UP?
- Pullers have nothing to pay for having the rickshaw as it is free of cost and the scheme will surely be useful for those who are using traditional rickshaw for earning.
- Presently these rickshaws are given for trial basis. Soon, the rickshaw will be distributed in all over the UP under this scheme.
- Currently, government has distributed 23 model of rickshaw which is prepared by 13 companies. Servicing of the rickshaw will be done by the government.
- About 2 Lakh48 thousand rickshaw pullers have registered with this scheme. The initial price of this rickshaw is Rs 55000 and companies submitted their rickshaw up to Rs 97000 valuation.
- Once the government selects any one of these models, the procedure of distribution will be initiated. All the trials will be done under the supervision of Nodal Agency SUDA’s officials (State urban Development authority).
Important about Samajwadi E Rickshaw Scheme in UP
- E-Rickshaw Queen will be economical and better in quality lower in cost. These rickshaws are specially designed for India roads.
- Talking about features, great handling and braking performance, improved quality of parts, high-quality fibreglass body, robust design with a combination of metal and fibreglass provide economical efficiency and unbeatable performance that won’t be found any other vehicle in its category.
- They are designed to deliver an outstanding performance, durability and a cost effective product.
- These rickshaws are made of FRP material which is much stronger, durable and lighter in weight.
- Queen is an Indian Brand manufacturing e-rickshaw and ensuring quality and performance.
- Company will provide warranty on most parts of them.
- The 4 seater e-rickshaw is designed to load up to 380kg- four passengers, driver and 40 kg luggage).
- Maximum Speed of the rickshaw is 20-25 kmph, the minimum range of 80 km, the minimum speed of 5 kmph at a gradient of 3degree and with starting and moving capability at a 7-degree gradient, driven by a brushless AC or DC motor of output power 850 watts or above but not more that 2000Watt.
- Driven from an EV grade battery of 100Ah, confirming to the ministry of Road Transport and highway GSR No. 709 (E) dated 8 October 2014 and Notification No. S.O. 2590 (E) dated 8 October 2014 and also the additional test specified elsewhere in this document.