A total of 54 Indian athletes are participating in the 2021 Tokyo Paralympics in Tokyo, Japan, from 25 August to 6 September 2021. This has been the 16th Summer Paralympics Games. All the Indian Players have won 10 medals in different sporting events upto 1 Sept. Get the latest updates on India Tokyo Paralympics 2021. As the game events are now live, the medal tally can increase further.
Get the latest updates about India at Tokyo Paralympics 2021, Indian players List and their sports, Match Results, and Medals Winner list below.
Indian Paralympics Medallists
- Avani Lekhara won the gold medal in Shooting Women’s R2 10 metre air rifle standing SH1 on 30 August.
- Sumit Antil won gold in Athletics Men’s javelin throw F64 on 30 August
- Bhavina Patel won Silver medal in Table Tennis Women’s individual class 4 on 29 August
- Nishad Kumar won Silver Medal in Athletics Men’s high jump T47 on 29 August
- Yogesh Kathuniya bagged silver in Athletics Men’s discus throw F56 on 30 August.
- Devendra Jhajharia won Silver Medal in Athletics Men’s javelin throw F46 on 30 August
- Mariyappan Thangavelu won Silver Medal in Athletics Men’s high jump T63 on 31 August
- Sundar Singh Gurjar won Bronze Medal in Athletics Men’s javelin throw F46 on 30 August
- Singhraj Adhana won the Bronze Medal in Shooting Men’s P1 10-metre air pistol SH1 on 31 August.
- Sharad Kumar won Bronze in Athletics Men’s high jump T63 on 31 August
The Performance of India in the Tokyo Paralympics Games 2021 is outstanding so far, with 30 Aug 2021(Monday) being the golden day as India bagged 2 Gold Medals by Sumit Antil and Avani Lekhara. This year India reached the double-digit medal tally at Tokyo Paralympics 2021which is a huge achievement.
With ongoing great performance by Indian para-athletes, it is expected that medal count will increase further. Check out upcoming events of India at Tokyo Paralympics 2021 below:
02 September- Day 9
Men’s Singles SL4 – Suhas Lalinakere Yathiraj, Tarun Dhillon
Men’s Singles SS6 – Krishna Nagar
Women’s Singles SL4 – Parul Parmar
Women’s Doubles SL3-SU5 – Parul Parmar and Palak Kohli
Women’s VL2 – Prachi Yadav
Women’s K44 -49kg – Aruna Tanwar
Mixed P3 – 25 m pistol SH1 – Akash & Rahul Jakhar
Men’s Shot Put F35 – Arvind Malik
03 September- Day 10
50m Butterfly S7 – Suyash Jadhav, Niranjan Mukundan
Men’s R7 – 50 m rifle 3 positions SH1 – Deepak Saini
Women’s R8 – 50 m rifle 3 positions SH1 – Avani Lekhara
Men’s High Jump T64 – Praveen Kumar
Men’s Javelin Throw F54 – Tek Chand
Men’s Shot Put F57 – Soman Rana
Women’s Club Throw F51 – Ekta Bhyan, Kashish Lakra
04 September- Day 11
Mixed R3 – 10 m air rifle prone SH1 – Deepak Saini, Sidhartha Babu & Avani Lekhara
Mixed P4 – 50 m pistol SH1 – Akash, Manish Narwal and Singhraj
Men’s Javelin Throw F41 – Navdeep Singh
05 September- Day 12
Mixed R6 – 50 m rifle prone SH1 – Deepak Saini, Avani Lekhara, and Sidhartha Babu
To know the complete schedule of India at Tokyo Paralympics click here. Let’s support and cheer our para-athletes!