Facts about Late CM Jayalalitha: Jayalalitha Jayaraman was an Indian actor and politician and served five tenures at the Tamil Nadu CM office i.e. from 1991 to 2016. She had worked in 140 movies of Telugu, Tamil, Kannada and Hindi film industry and was called the Queen of Tamil cinema in the 1970s and 1980s.
She was greatly admired by her followers who numbered in thousands. A mammoth crowd gathered at the Apollo hospital, where she was admitted, daily for over two months before she succumbed to her critical health condition on December 5, 2016.
Here are some of the unknown facts about late CM Jayalalitha
- Jayalalithaa joined the Tamil Nadu film industry at the age of 15 years and debuted in Chinnada Gombe. She was forced to join the film industry by her mother.
- She was trained in classical music, western classical piano and was a brilliant classical dancer; she learned Bharatnatyam at the age of 3. She spoke Telugu, Hindi, Malayalam, English, Tamil and Kannada fluently.
- At an early age, she had a huge crush on Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi.
- She held Guinness World Record for hosting the largest wedding. The extravaganza of Sudhagaran’ wedding (Jayalalithaa’s adopted son), held in 1995 is recorded to be the most colossal till date.
- She held the record of maintaining highest number of silver jubilee hits as a Tamilian actress.
- Jayalalithaa was the highest paid Indian actress for a time period 1965 to 1980.
- She got her name from the amalgam of the names of two houses where she stayed which were ‘Jaya Vilas’ and ‘Lalithaa Vilas’.
- She took a salary of Re. 1 as the CM of Tamil Nadu.
- She once helped a gardener to pursue higher studies. He is a successful Engineer at Amazon today.