The government of West Bengal launched a student credit card scheme on 30th June, 2021. Now, apply online for WB Student Credit Card Scheme. This credit card scheme will last for 15 years. With the launch of the new scheme, all those students of West Bengal who find it unable to pursue higher studies due to financial constraints can now do it easily. This article highlights the benefits of the WB Student Credit Card Scheme with all the necessary information.
What is the WB Student Credit Card Scheme 2021?
The West Bengal government provides loans for higher studies including undergraduate, post-graduate, doctoral, diploma, and post-doctoral courses in India and abroad. The student credit card scheme has a credit limit of Rs. 10 Lakh having an interest of 4%. The registered students will get the credits for 15 years and then, once they start earning, they have to repay the loan.
Everyone below the age of 40 years will be eligible to apply for the scheme. Also, those students who have stayed in West Bengal for the last 10 years can also avail the benefits.
The students can apply online at https://wbscc.wb.gov.in/ to avail the benefits.
Required Documents To Apply For WB Student Credit Card Scheme
- Aadhar card
- Residence certificate
- Mobile number
- Age proof
- Income certificate
- Bank account details
- Passport size photograph
- Ration card
Steps To Apply Online
- Firstly go to the official website of the West Bengal student credit card scheme.
- On the homepage, click on Student Registration.
- The registration form will appear before you fill all the asked information.
- Afterwards, click on the register button.
- Now you will get a unique ID on your registered mobile number
- Now you are required to click on the student login.
- After that, enter the application ID, password, and captcha code and click on the login.
- Applicant dashboard will appear before you, after that, you have to click on the edit loan application.
- The application form will appear before you. You have to enter the required details in this application form and have to upload the following documents
- Latest color photograph of the student
- Latest color photograph of the co-applicant
- Signature of the student as specified
- Co borrower address proof
- Signature of the overawe legal guardian
- Student’s Aadhar card
- Students PAN card or undertaking as specified
- Co borrower PAN card or undertaking as specified
- Admission receipt of the institution
- Class 10th board registration certificate
- Now you have to click on save and continue and click on the submit application
- By following this procedure you can apply under the West Bengal student credit card scheme
- To track your application you have to click on the student login
on the homepage.
- Now you have to enter your applicant ID, password in the captcha code.
- After that, you have to click on login. Once logged in you have to click on track application and enter your applicant ID.
- Required information will be displayed on your computer screen.
Benefits ofWB student credit card scheme
The Trinamool Congress (TMC) mentioned the scheme in its election manifesto and which now will be benefitting thousands of students. With the help of the credit scheme, the students will be able to pursue higher education even if they belong to financially poor backgrounds. Cooperative banks and nationalized banks will help the students in providing loans with a minimal simple interest of 4% for studies.
In a statement, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said,
‘I am delighted to announce that the Government of West Bengal has launched the Student Credit Card today. To make the youth of Bengal self-reliant, the scheme shall provide a loan of up to Rs. 10 Lakh with an annual simple interest.’
- Any student of the state studying in Class 10 and above (all higher education courses, including Diploma) will be able to WB Student Credit Card Scheme 2021. This will help him pursue education ahead and build his/her career.
- In total, the student will receive up to Rs. 10 Lakh in different phases from the government.
- With the credit, students can take admissions in coaching centers for any competitive exam they wish to appear for. They will also be able to take admission in foreign universities and pursue education there till Ph.D. and post-doctoral levels.
- Students can pay the examination fees, tuition fees, and course fees directly to the institute, with the loan amount.
- Also, 30% of the loan money can be invested in non-institutional purposes like purchasing computers, courses, books, etc. However, the student has to be careful that no fraud takes place with the credit card that he receives.