Irrfan Khan Birthday: From Haasil to Piku, Irrfan Khan has always stunned us. He is one such fine actor in Bollywood who impounds a great sense of judgement while choosing the script has been noted worldwide along with his talent.
Irrfan Khan Birthday: Some Lesser Kown Facts about Irrfan Khan!!
1. Khan was born in Jaipur, Rajasthan, to a Muslim Pathan family. Khan’s mother, Begum, was from the Tonk Hakim family, and his father, the late Jagirdar, was from the Khajuriya village near the Tonk district, and ran a tyre business.
2. He took admission to the NSD with fake certificates.
3. Irrfan is married to writer Sutapa Sikdar who is also a NSD graduate. They both tied knot on 23 February 1995. The couple have two children named Babil and Aryan.
4. He recently changed his name from Irfan Khan to Irrfan because he liked the sound of the extra “r” in his name.
5. He made his acting debut with the 1988 film “Salaam Bombay” in a small role. His luck changed when London based director Asif Kapadia gave him the film “The Warrior” as a lead.
6. At one point of time in his life, Irrfan did not have money to watch Jurassic Park in a cinema but today he has not only acted in one part of the same films, but also acted in several Hollywood movies like The Namesake, New York, I Love You, A Mighty Heart, Slumdog Millionaire, The Amazing Spider Man and Life of Pi.
7. His first Bollywood main lead role was in 2005 with the film “Rog”. His 2007 film “Metro” earned him Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award.
8. He is also the recipient of 2011 Padma Shri award, the fourth highest civilian award in India and the National Film Award 2012, for his performance in Paan Singh Tomar.
9. Irrfan Khan is all set to begin a new venture as a producer. He would be co-producing a film titled ‘Kaash’. The film is based on the fashion designer photographer Ishaan Nair, nephew of Mira Nair.