Finally, BlackBerry has launched DTEK60, its third Android-based phone. As we reported earlier, it has all the specifications that the leaks suggested. This is the third Android-based phone from BlackBerry. It comes with a price tag of $499 (INR 33,400 approx). Let us proceed towards the BlackBerry DTEK60 specifications and features.
BlackBerry DTEK60 Specifications & Features
- It has a 5.5-inches QHD IPS display with a pixel density of 534ppi. For protection, it has a scratch resistant glass on top of the screen along with oleophobic coating.
- The processor powering this phone is a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 clocking up to 2.15 GHz.
- Adreno 530 is present on board to handle the intense graphics.
- It features an impressive 21 MP camera on the back with features like Phase Detection Autofocus, f/2.0 and dual-Led flash. It is capable of recording 4K videos @ 30fps. The front side features an 8 MP camera (f/2.2) which is capable of shooting 1080p videos.
- For storage, it has 32 GB ROM which is paired with 4 GB of RAM. You can further pump up the storage to 256 GB with the help of a micro SD card.
- It is running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
- All the connectivity features such as Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, Hotspot, Bluetooth v4.2, GPS, NFC and USB Type-C as well as USB On-the-Go are present.
- Apart from this, the phone has many features like BlackBerry’s DTEK which is there to ensure the safety and keep the privacy of the user in check.
- It also has a fingerprint sensor for added security.
- The DTEK60 comes with a non-removable 3000 mAh cell with fast charging. (Quick Charge 3.0)
This is the last phone that is made by BlackBerry. After this BlackBerry will no longer work on the hardware, their work will be restricted to software as their hardware division has shut down.
The first Android phone by BlackBerry was PRIV. It could not do what BB expected it to do because of its high price tag. The second phone was DTEK50, the predecessor of DTEK60. With its launch, the DTEK50, BB has done many new things like the introduction of USB Type-C port, increased RAM and an impressive camera.
Along with the top-notch specifications, BB also claims that it is the most secure Android phone ever. That is something expected from BB because security has always been their strong side.
It will face direct competition from the likes of OnePlus 3, Huawei Honor 8 etc. It is only available in black colour. Stay tuned for more updates.