Do You Know Facts Rajinikanth : The Super Mega Star : Shivaji Rao Gaekwad as his parent’s named him, but to most he is the South Mega Superstar Rajinikanth or simply Rajini. Here are Facts Rajinikanth that you should know about the Star.
Facts Rajinikanth : Did You Know ?
- Rajinikanth started off his acting career with mythological Kannada plays. His most prominent role was that of Duryodhana.
- Rajinikanth was noticed in a Kannada play at the Film Institute by director K Balachander. ‘Learn Tamil,’ the director told Rajini before leaving.
- Rajinikanth’s first big commercial success was Billa, a remake of the 1978 Amitabh Bachchan-starrer, Don.
- T Rama Rao’s Andha Kanoon was Rajinikanth’s first Bollywood film.
- Baasha, which released in 1995, established the actor as a superstar and broke several box-office records.
- Enthiran is the only Tamil film that made it into IMDb’s Top 50 films from around the world list in 2010.
- Rajinikanth usually goes to the Himalayas after the release of his films. Also to Bangalore however, is his favourite spot to hang out with his old buddies.
- Enthiran has been included as a case study in an IIM-A postgraduate Elective course, Contemporary Film Industry: A Business Perspective.
- A few of Rajini’s fans started a political party called Desiya Dravadar Makkal Munnetra Kazhagam in 2008 to pressure him to enter politics.But he refused, saying that nobody can force him to enter politics or stop him from doing so.
Facts Rajinikanth : A Few More Facts
- The superstar’s blockbuster movie Enthiran was originally supposed to be done by Kamal Haasan.
- Meena is the only actress who has acted with him as a child artist and then as his heroine.
- His mother died when Rajini was five and the family went through tough times. As a young man, Rajinikanth did many odd jobs, including that of a coolie. He was working as a bus conductor before he made it big in the film industry.
- His friend Raj Bahadur, with whom he is still close, encouraged him to pursue his dreams and become an actor. Bahadur asked him to enrol in the Madras Film Institute.
- In 1988, Rajinikanth made an appearance in the English action adventure Bloodstone.
- K S Ravikumar’s Muthu, which starred Rajinikanth, was the first Tamil film to be dubbed and released in Japan. Muthu made the superstar popular in Japan and, in 1999, Newsweek magazine dubbed him as Japan’s trendiest heartthrob.
- Chandramukhi, the 2007 horror-thriller starring the superstar, was dubbed in Turkish and German as Der Geisterjager and released there.
- Sivaji was his first film with director Shankar, and the first Tamil film to top the box office in the United Kingdom and South Africa.
- His next venture with Shankar, Enthiran, is the most expensive Indian film to be made to date.
- Before and after the release of Enthiran, Rajinikanth jokes started circulating on the internet. They were inspired by the popular Chuck Norris jokes and also kicked off an iPad application called Rib-tickling Rajini Riot.
- He is the highest paid actor in India and the second highest in Asia.
- The superstar recently made a guest appearance in Shah Rukh Khan’s sci-fi film, Ra.One
- In May 2011, fans got together to renovate the Government Model Primary School at Gavipuram where their superstar had studied.