In order to stay ahead in the competitive auto market and offer more to the customer, Ford India has launched the Ford Endeavour Titanium Variant with SYNC 3 infotainment system. This new infotainment system is now available in top variants, namely; 2.2-litre Titanium 4X2 Automatic and 3.2-litre Titanium 4X4 Automatic.
As compared to the older SYNC 2 system, the new upgrade additionally comes with voice-activated in-car technology. Both the variants are priced at Rs 27.93 lakh & Rs 30.89 lakh respectively, thereby witnessing a hike of around Rs 1.13 lakh (Ex-showroom, Delhi).
What are the specialities of Ford’s SYNC 3 Infotainment System?
- The in-car technology SYNC 3 infotainment system features an 8-inch touchscreen with graphics, conversational voice recognition, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity.
- The system also allows the users to receive and send messages, make calls and listen to music.
- It also offers Emergency Assistance such as automatically calling emergency services from a paired phone during an accident and when the airbags are deployed.
- The SYNC 3 is also equipped with new features such as AppLink integration (user can access smartphone apps via the touchscreen), Siri Eyes-Free capability for the Apple iPhone and software updates via Wi-Fi.
- Other highlights of the system include gestures like pinch-to-zoom and swipe and tiled interface with a quick access function tray.
Mechanical Specifications of Ford Endeavour Titanium Variant
Under the hood, the company has not made any mechanical and cosmetic changes to the seven-seater SUV and it is powered by the same 2.2-litre and 3.2-litre Duratorq diesel engine that is paired to a six-speed automatic and manual transmissions. The SUV also features four-wheel drive system, an active transfer case with Torque on demand, Terrain Management System and has a water-wading capacity of 800 mm.
For enhanced driving experience, the Endeavour also features four preset driving modes, namely; Normal, Snow/Mud/Grass, Sand and Rock.
Though the Endeavour may seem to be a bit pricier post the hike, it still comes off as a better option when compared to the Toyota’s Fortuner. The top spec Endeavour 4×4 automatic not just gets a bigger engine and better infotainment system, but is also around cheaper by a little over four lakhs as compared to the Toyota Fortuner top-spec version which is priced at Rs 36.40 lakh (Ex-showroom, Delhi).