Gionee launched S8 the previous month and now it is already all geared up for the launch of its successor. They have posted a teaser in their account on the Chinese microblogging site Weibo which confirms that the Gionee S9 will launch on November 15.
The news came just a couple of days after the phone got certified by TENAA. Along with the S9, Gionee S9T also was certified. It is still not known if it will launch along with S9 or not.
Gionee S9 Specifications
The AnTuTu listing pretty much revealed all the key specifications. Let us have a look at them all, shall we?
- Display – 5.5-inches Full HD (1920×1080) screen
- Processor – Octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 processor clocked at 1.8GHz along with Mali-T860 graphics processing unit.
- Camera – Dual-camera (13MP + 5MP) setup on the rear side along with a catchy 13MP front snapper.
- Storage – 4GB of RAM along with 64GB of internal storage capacity expandable up to 128GB with the help of a micro SD card.
- OS – Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
- Communication – Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, Hotspot, Bluetooth, GPS and USB Type-C support.
- Features – Fingerprint, Gyro, Proximity, Accelero, Ambient light sensor etc.
- Battery – 3000mAh non-removable cell.
Gionee S9T Specifications
There are not a lot of differences between Gionee S9 and S9T. One of them is the processor. The Gionee S9T features an octa-core processor clocked at 2GHz. The other differences are in terms of colours and weight. While the Gionee S9 will be offered only in Gold colour variant, the S9T will be available in Gold and Black colour variants.
In terms of weight, the Gionee S9 will weigh around 166.5 grams while the S9T will weigh 200.8 grams. Both the phones will measure 154.2×76.4×7.4 (HeightxWeightxThickness).
Also see – Gionee S6 Pro launched in India. Check specifications, features and price.
Price and availability
The launch of Gionee S9 has been confirmed for November 15 in China. S9T, however, still remains in the dark as there is no official confirmation of it.It is possible that it might be launched under some other name. There is no word on the pricing of the two.
The presence of dual camera along with 13MP front camera makes it an excellent phone for photography lovers.
One thing that sounds weird is that both the phones have similar size and battery and yet the reports suggest that the weight of the two is worlds apart. So, we would like to recommend you to take the above information with a grain of salt and wait for the official launch. Stay tuned for more updates.