Are you planning to travel abroad? The first thing you should do is complete your vaccine doses! Without vaccination, you cannot fly to foreign countries nowadays. And, the second most important thing you should do is link your passport number and details to your Covid-19 vaccination certificate online.
If you are flying abroad, carefully read the steps given below to Link Passport Number In Covid-19 Vaccine Certificate. Keep scrolling!
Link Passport details on CoWin Portal
CoWin Portal is allowing its users to add, update, and link Passport details to their Covid Vaccine certificate online. The Twitter handle of the Arogya Setu app announced the introduction of this new option in CoWin to add passport numbers to your certificate if you are traveling to any Foreign Country.
Why do I need to add Passport details to the Covid-19 Vaccine Certificate?
It is necessary because all the persons flying internationally have to go through scanning at the airport. Once you link your passport number, the batch number of your Covid 19 vaccine and other details will also get updated in your certificate. You have to show this CoWin Vaccination certificate at the airport. The QR code mentioned on your Covishield/ Covaxin/ Sputnik V Vaccination certificate will be scanned and checked thoroughly for authentication. This is the main reason we need to add a passport number to the Covid-19 vaccination certificate.
How to Add Passport Number to CoWin Vaccination Certificate?
The section given below explains the steps to add a Passport number to CoWin Vaccination Certificate.
- Open cowin.gov.in and Log in to the portal by using your Id and password or OTP.
2. Then directly go to your dashboard and tap on the Raise an issue option just below the account details.
3. A new dialog box appears containing various account issues. From them select – “Add Passport Details” option.
4. The passport details window appears. From the drop-down menu select the person of the family.
5. Fill in the asked details then review and tab on submit. In order to avoid the problem of subsequent correction, make sure to enter the correct passport number.
You will receive The Covid-19 vaccination certificate with an updated Passport Number just after submitting it.
So, if you haven’t been vaccinated yet, take your vaccine doses as soon as possible and update your details on your Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate. Follow the method given above to link your Passport Number online at CoWin Portal.