Interesting Facts about Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose: 23rd January is a very special date for every Indian citizen as a revolutionary intellectual was born on this day who fought for India’s freedom till his last breath. It is the birthday of a great leader and a freedom fighter Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose whose sacrifices for the country are beyond counting.
India is celebrating Netaji’s 120th birthday. Prime Minister Narendra Modi also paid tribute to him by tweeting and praising his endeavours. On his birthday let us talk of some intersesting facts about him.
Interesting Facts about Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose to celebrate his Birthday
- Netaji was born on 23 January 1897 and died on 18 August 1945 in a mysterious mishappening.
- He was a leader Indian National Congress in the 1920s and 1930s and even became its President in 1938 and 1939. But unfortunately, he had to leave the party due to some differences between Mahatma Gandhi and other people in the Congress.
- He was given the honorific ‘Netaji’ in early 1942 by the Indian soldiers of the Indische Legion and officials in the Special Bureau for India in Berlin and then, was called so in India also.
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose was offered leadership in Germany for India’s independence.
- He even reconstructed Indian National Army (INA) with the help of Germans and it later also constituted Indian soldiers