October Quotes: October is the tenth month according to the Georgian calendar. The name ‘October’ has been derived from the Latin word ‘octo’ which means eight and to know, it is the eighth month in the Roman calendar. October month was added to the calendar when the new used to begin with the March month. During 700 BCE, King Numa Pompilius was the one who reformed the calendar and added January and February to the calendar.
The month of is related to the autumn or fall season in the northern hemisphere and to the spring season in the southern hemisphere. People are often seen sharing October Quotes and Sayings with each other during this beautiful month. Halloween is also celebrated in the month of October on 31st.
There are widespread happiness and joy in the month of October. Trees are seen shedding their leaves, climate starts getting colder and the onset of the warm scarves is witnessed. October is a beautiful month that comes with enormous environmental beauty all around. People are seen enjoying the fall season and the month with their loved ones.
October Quotes and Sayings to enjoy during the Wonderful Month
You may now go through our collection of the October Quotes and Sayings and enjoy this month of beauty with all your loved ones.
- “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.”
- “I have come to regard November as the older, harder man’s October. I appreciate the early darkness and cooler temperatures. It puts my mind in a different place than October. It is a month for a quieter, the slightly more subdued celebration of summer’s death as winter tightens its grip.”
- “October is the month for painted leaves…. As fruits and leaves and the day itself acquire a bright tint just before they fall, so the year near its setting. October is its sunset sky; November the later twilight.”
- “In the garden, Autumn is, indeed the crowning glory of the year, bringing us the fruition of months of thought and care and toil. And at no season, safe perhaps in Daffodil time, do we get such superb colour effects as from August to November.”
- “All things on earth point home in old October; sailors to sea, travellers to walls and fences, hunters to field and hollow and the long voice of the hounds, the lover to the love he has forsaken.”
- “October’s gold is dim—the forests rot, the weary rain falls ceaseless, while the day, is wrapped in damp!”
- “October turned by maple’s leaves to gold; The most are gone now; here and there one lingers; Soon these will slip from the twig’s weak hold, Like coins between a dying miser’s fingers.”
- “Ah, September! You are the doorway to the season that awakens my soul… but I must confess that I love you only because you are a prelude to my beloved October.”
- “I detest ‘Jingle Bells,’ ‘White Christmas,’ ‘Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer,’ and the obscene spending bonanza that nowadays seems to occupy not just December, but November and much of October, too.”
- “Bittersweet October. The mellow, messy, leaf-kicking, perfect pause between the opposing miseries of summer and winter.”
- “He is outside of everything, and alien everywhere. He is an aesthetic solitary. His beautiful, light imagination is the wing that on an autumn evening just brushes the dusky window.”
- “October is the fallen leaf, but it is also a wider horizon more clearly seen. It is the distant hills once more in sight, and the enduring constellations above them once again.”
- “The sweet calm sunshine of October, now
Warms the low spot; upon its grassy mould
The purple oak leaf falls; the birchen bough
Drops its bright spoil like arrow-heads of gold.”
- “October’s child is born for woe, And life’s vicissitudes must know; But lay on Opal on her breast, And hope will lull those woes to rest.”
- “October had the tremendous possibility. The summer’s oppressive heat was a distant memory, and the golden leaves promised the world full of beautiful adventures. They made me believe in miracles.”
- “Upstate New York in the middle of October. You can’t get more beautiful than that.”
- “October is a hallelujah! Reverberating in my body year-round….”
- “There is no season when such pleasant and sunny spots may be lighted on, and produce so pleasant an effect on the feelings, as now in October.”
- “Since golden October declined into sombre November / And the apples were gathered and stored, and the land became brown sharp points of death in a waste of water and mud.”
- “The sweet calm sunshine of October, now Warms the low spot; upon its grassy mould The purple oak leaf falls; the birchen bough Drops its bright spoil like arrow-heads of gold.”
You might have surely liked my collection of the October sayings and Quotes and We hope that you will now forward these to your loved ones to make them smile this October.