WhatsApp is the world’s most popular instant messaging app. They have been adding a lot exciting new features to the app. However, the access to these features is limited to the beta testers of the app. Since not many people are aware of it, we are going to tell you the steps to become WhatsApp Beta tester.
Lately, WhatsApp has been introducing many new features on the app. This includes two-step verification, video calling, Snapchat-like features etc. But if you have been following all these updates closely, you must have noticed that they are initially available only for beta testers. This must have made you want to be one yourself. If you are one of those people, then this post is exclusively for you.
If you use a smartphone, you probably must be using WhatsApp too. Smartphones are an indispensable part of our lives today. Most of it can be attributed to the large number of apps that are available for these smartphones which have made our life more easy and productive. The productive part, however, depends on how you use them. It just doesn’t come with purchasing a smartphone.
Steps to become WhatsApp Beta tester
Let us cut to the chase and get right to business, shall we? Now we are going to tell you the steps to become WhatsApp Beta tester on all the popular platforms. We will be covering Android, iOS and Windows Phone. Now, let us begin!
Becoming a Beta tester for Android is pretty easy. There are two ways to become one. We will be telling you both of them here.
- Click on this link.
- You will be redirected to a new page.
- Sign in with your Gmail account. Make sure that you use the same account that you are using on your Android phone.
- After you successfully sign in, you will see a page which says, “WhatsApp Inc. has invited you to a testing program…” and so on (see image above). There will be a blue button below which says Become a Tester. Click on it and it is done.
- Now you can download the latest beta version from the Play Store on your phone.
- Open Play Store.
- Search for WhatsApp and open the app page.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- There you will find a box with a title Become a beta tester. See image below.
- A little below that, there will be a green box which reads “I’m in”. Hit it.
Once you do that, it will take some time to register you as a Beta tester. After that, you can head over to the Play Store and download the latest beta version. Also, in case you want to stop getting the beta updates, you just have to go the link or open WhatsApp page on Play Store. You can opt out of the beta program the same way you joined it. Easy peasy!
Becoming a WhatsApp Beta tester is even easier on the Windows Phone. However, you need to be running Windows 8.1 or higher to become one. Unlike in Android, you do not have to register for it.
All you have to do is head over to the Windows Store and download the WhatsApp Beta version. Alternatively, you can use this link for the same. Congratulations! Now, you have become WhatsApp Beta tester. In case you no longer want to use the beta version, simply uninstall the Beta app and download the standard app from the store.
The above-mentioned steps for Android and Windows Phone were a child’s play, right? Well, that is not the case with the iPhone users. In case you want to become WhatsApp Beta tester, you will have to follow these steps very closely.
Be advised, you need an iPhone which jailbroken in order to become WhatsApp Beta tester on iOS. If your iPhone is already jailbroken, you can continue reading; if not then, unfortunately, there is not much you can do.
Before you rush into anything, we want to say that we DO NOT recommend jailbreaking your iPhone. It will make your device vulnerable and your data could be at risk. Also, there is a possibility that if something goes wrong with the installation, you might lose all your conversations. Anyways, let us take a look at the steps involved :-
- First of all, you need to add this repository to Cydia.
- Next, install AppSync Unified Beta from the developer’s repository.
- After installing, reboot your device.
- Once the device has successfully rebooted, open Safari and go to this address – https://dev2.whatsapp.net/ios/WhatsApp/
- Click on “Tap to Install WhatsApp Beta.”
Once it is done, you will be able open WhatsApp as usual and check out the new features in the Beta version. There are no changelogs which point out all the updates and new features that have been added. That is fun in a way. You will yourself have to explore the app to figure out all the latest additions.
That is all folks. Hope we could be of some help to you. If you have any queries relating to the beta version and its installation, feel free to ask us in the comments below. Also, do tell us about your experience after you become WhatsApp Beta tester. Stay tuned for more updates.