Veterans Day 2016: Veterans Day is observed on November 11 every year. This day is celebrated to honour the sacrifices of the valorous veterans. An official holiday is observed on November 11 each year as it marked the end of World War one at the 11th hour of 11th day of the 11th month.
The day is celebrated with great enthusiasm in the US. As proud citizens, it’s the duty of each one of us to celebrate this day with great zeal paying homage to our great veterans. Here are some best of the quotes to celebrate this day.
Veterans Day 2016 – Quotes, Sayings & Wishes
- Without heroes we are plain people and don’t know how far we can go.
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live by them. – John Fitzgerald Kennedy
- A brave captain is as a root, out of which, as branches, the courage of his soldiers doth spring. – Sir Philip Sydney
- Proud to wear the colors red, white and blue because of our brave soldiers like you! Thank you for you dedication and service, Happy Veterans Day!
- I do not fear an army of lions, if they are led by a lamb.
I do fear an army of sheep, if they are led by a lion. – Alexander the Great
- Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think hard before starting a war. – Mark Twain
We wish you a very Happy Veterans Day!