World Vegetarian Day Sayings: 1st of October is observed as World Vegetarian Day all over the world. The celebrations of the day were established by American Vegetarian Society in 1977 and the International Vegetarian Union in 1978 endorsed it as “To promote the joy, compassion and life-enhancing possibilities of vegetarianism.” The day is to aware people environmental, ethical, health, and humanitarian benefits of having a vegetarian lifestyle.
The day also initiates the October month as being the Vegetarian Awareness Month and ends on 1st November that is celebrated as the World Vegan Day, the end of the month. Vegetarian Awareness Month is also called Reverence for Life month, Month of Vegetarian Food month and by many other names all across the world.
The day encourages people to take up a vegetarian diet plan. Being a vegetarian is a part of religions in many of the world cultures. Many organizations and groups make people aware of the benefits of being a vegetarian and also tell them how to switch to a vegetarian diet.
World Vegetarian Day Wishes and Images to raise awareness
You may now have a look at our collection of the World Vegetarian Day Sayings and Wallpapers and let everyone know about the benefits of being a vegetarian.
- “If you accept that people are the products of evolution, then you have to have an open mind to the truth. Unfair discrimination exists whether we like it or not; I wouldn’t have married a gum-chewing vegetarian.”
- “To become vegetarian is to step into the stream which leads to nirvana.”
- “When you adopt a vegan diet we make a connection, you don’t go back, it is not a diet, it is a lifestyle.”
- “Vegetarianism is harmless enough though it is apt to fill a man with wind and self-righteousness.”
- “Pledge to eat more fruits and vegetables. Fruits and vegetables contain many vitamins and minerals required for our bodies to perform their daily functions.”
- “Animals are my friends…and I don’t eat my friends.”
- “You can be vegetarian and eat fish. It’s your choice, just say: ‘I am what I am.’ There are no hardcore divisions anymore.”
- “Many things made me become a vegetarian, among them, the higher food yield as a solution to world hunger.”
- “When people ask me why I don’t eat meat or any other animal products, I say, ‘Because they are unhealthy and they are the product of a violent and inhumane industry.”
- “A man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food; therefore, if he eats meat, he participates in taking animal life merely for the sake of his appetite. And to act so is immoral. If a man aspires towards a righteous life, his first act of abstinence is from injury to animals.”
- “Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I’m halfway through my fish sandwich and I just realised, “Oh my God… I could be eating a slow learner!””
- “Vegetarian food leaves a deep impression on our nature. If the whole world adopts vegetarianism, it can change the destiny of humankind.”
- “I ask people why they have deer heads on their walls and they always say that it’s because it’s such a beautiful animal. You know, I think that my mother is beautiful, but I choose to have photographs of her on my wall.”
- “I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”
- “Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.”
- “Every time we go to KFC, my kids ask me to honk and they yell ‘Boo’ out the window.”
- “Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I’m halfway through my fishburger and I realise, Oh my God. I could be eating a slow learner.”
- “I have from an early age abjured the use of meat, and the time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men.”
- “All beings tremble before violence. All fear death, all love life. See yourself in others. Then whom can you hurt? What harm can you do?”
- “Animals give me more pleasure through the viewfinder of a camera than they ever did in the crosshairs of a gun sight. And after I’ve finished “shooting,” my unharmed victims are still around for others to enjoy.”
We hope that you have liked my collection of the World Vegetarian Day Sayings and pictures and that you will now share these with all your loved ones without getting any bothered.