BlackBerry DTEK70 is an upcoming smartphone whose images have just been leaked. It is going to be the fourth Android-powered phone by the company. It has been codenamed Mercury and could be launched in early 2017 between €275-475. The interesting thing is that it will come with a physical (QWERTY) keyboard.
BlackBerry DTEK70 specifications and features
The smartphone is going to have the mid-range specifications. Let us see what we can expect from the BlackBerry DTEK70:-
- The smartphone will flaunt a 4.5-inch HD (720p) display along with Cornin Gorilla Glass for protection.
- It will be powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor clocked at 2GHz.
- On the camera front, it will offer an 18MP camera on the rear with an 8MP selfie shooter on the front.
- It will have plenty of space for as it is said to offer 3GB of RAM along with 32GB ROM.
- All the connectivity options will be there onboard like Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, Hotspot, Bluetooth v4.1, GPS etc.
- BlackBerry DTEK70 will be running on the latest OS, Android 7.0 Nougat, out of the box.
Also see – BlackBerry DTEK60 – Premium smartphone at a reasonable price.
What personally makes me drawn towards this phone is the QWERTY keypad. If you have ever used an older BB device (I had a BB Bold), then you must be aware of joyful and easy was the keypad experience. The phone worked flawlessly and was an absolute delight.
Another feature of the phone that I would like to mention is that the fingerprint sensor will be integrated into the spacebar. This means that you will not have to go through the trouble of looking for the fingerprint sensor at the back. That is something new, isn’t it? Also, since the battery is 3400mAh, we can also expect fast charging as a feature.
Price and availability
Some time back, the CEO of the company, John Chen, said that he has heard from many customers that they want to use their phones but the price tag of around $700 is what is keeping them at bay. Further, they have many requests for a more affordable phone priced at around $400.
Also see – BlackBerry’s Hardware Division has shut down but it has not surprised anyone.
This hints at the possibility of the next phone, possibly the BlackBerry DTEK70 to be priced around the $400 mark. There is no word on the price but we believe that BB will keep its word and the DTEK70 will be reasonably priced. Stay tuned for more updates.